On the 29th of June 2011, Google launched the Google Plus project. At that time, the social network had already some interesting features to become the competitor of the giant Facebook : circles, hangout, +1 button and links between the project and other Google services.
It also started with an invitation-only process, but since last September, it is opened to everybody, and in November, brands were finally invited to the party.
- Few brand are already on G+, which make it easier to develop a Page and get a good fan base.
- Even though the G+ community is not as big as the Facebook one, it is growing steadily since its mixed debut of the platform, and analysts say it has a great potential growth. It should also be considered as an unfinished project awaiting soon more features.
- It possesses key features to make your company closer to your customers.
- The project offers the +1 share button on the world’s most used search engine.
- A newly released feature helps you put your business on Google Maps more easily and people can now post reviews of your products/services directly using your Google Plus Page.
In the end, you will be one of the few winner who took an advantage by getting on Google Plus while it was still fresh and empty of brands.